Our readers ask...
"I excessively sweat on a nervous background"
My palms, soles and the distal parts of both my fingers and toes have been excessively sweating for a year. Not long ago the sweating also extended to my axillae and my inguinal region. I"m afraid to meet people because wherever I may go I"m in a muck of sweat. The doctors I have seen tell me that the perspiration has a nervous background. I have undergone different treatment with sedatives, but with no effects. Distonocalm (Romanian Prozac) was the only drug that had a small effect on my perspiration but I have to take at least 8 tablets a day. Therefore, the doctors gave me one last chance: the tranquillizers. The symptoms are: excessive sweat, my palms and soles turn red and swell, cold extremities, irritation sensation. I"m begging you, if you know any treatment, please help me! Thank you!
Simona - Austria,
E-mail: [email protected]
"I suffer from advanced dysplasia"
First of all I would like to thank you for your existence and to tell you that your magazine is a way of alleviating my homesickness, taking into account that I am an ocean away from home (I live in Canada). Eight months ago I started to have gynecological problems which I considered very important, but which I couldn"t solve. I"m talking about some vaginal and anal smarting pains that the doctors from here treated superficially in the sense that they prescribed me a lot of antibiotics and ointments that I came to use in double or triple doses. Finally I asked for my parents" help, in Romania. I also used infusions for washing my seat and for other lavages (horse tail - Equisetum arvense - , milfoil - Achillea millefolium - , crowfoot - Ranunculus - , and wild camomille - Matriceria chamomilla -, birthwort herb - Aristolochia sp.), but the smarting pain didn"t go away completely. First the doctors from here told me that I had some irritations, but now after 8-9 months of pain, they told me that I had advanced dysplasia with Cin 2/3, the next phase being cancer. I have an appointment for surgery in three months time and I don"t know if the disease can "wait" until then, although the doctors from here have assured me that my condition is not so critical. Has anyone been confronted with such a problem? Thank you very much!
M.D. - Canada
"Some red, painful spots appear on my skin when I"m tired "
Something very unpleasant has been happening to me for a year. When I"m very tired or when I become nervous some big red spots appear on my neck and they itch me, give me smarting pains being very hot. Everything lasts for 2 days, and then my skin becomes strange, like the skin of a frog. I don"t know what to do or where to ask for help. I have been living in Usa for almost two years and I have a very stressing job. I don"t have time to see a doctor because I work from 06:00 a.m. till 08:00 p.m., I don"t have any days off, and therefore you are my only hope. Please help me. Thank you in advance.
Laura - Usa
"My heart gives me a lot of troubles"
Do you know of any natural or medicinal treatment to completely eliminate or to diminish supraventricular paroxysmal tachycardia attacks? I also have another problem that is the extrasystoles, palpitations which start all of a sudden, sometimes in the morning when I get up, and sometimes after a heavy meal. I don"t have strength, I have fainting sensations, dizziness, and my pulse is rising. It is as if the wheels of an engine had spun slower for a while and then they had functioned normally. I feel as if a burden were pressing on my chest, only when I"m lying on my back, and as if a ribbon were squeezing my head just above my temples. I would also have another question regarding the recuperation after Achilles tendon tear. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
"My friend suffers from abdominal dysmorphism"
My 35 year old friend, Sorina Baran, suffers from abdominal dysmorphism. Her family doctor recommended her to get hospitalized in Petrosani in the plastic surgery section. But she didn"t undergo the surgery there because it was impossible for her to be anesthetized on account of her heart problems, and she couldn"t take any chances because she was taking care of a disabled child. Is there anyone who can recommend her a doctor or a treatment for solving this health problem?
V. Badelita - Vulcan, Hunedoara County
"Is there any natural way of increasing the lactation?"
I am 26 years old and I"m the mother of 1 month and 7 day old little girl. Until now I have had enough milk to feed my child, but a couple of days ago I noticed that the quantity of my milk was getting lower and, taking into account the fact that my daughter does not have her fill, I think that the quality of my milk has decreased, too. From everything I have read until now and from what I"ve heard, the child"s food may be supplemented with powdered milk. Nevertheless, I would like to know if there is any natural way of increasing the lactation, because I would like to feed my little girl with my milk until she is at least 6 months old. I"m also interested in any disenchantment and in all the superstitions related to this problem. Let me also mention that my little girl will be baptized on the 29th of June. I"d like to thank in advance to all the readers who will send me solutions to my problem.
"I"ve been suffering from trichotillomania for 12 years"
I"m 28 years old and for approximately 12 years I have been suffering from the disease called trichotillomania, which is characterized by the impossibility to resist the impulse of tearing my hair. It happens especially before I am in a high rated tensional situation, and after I pull my hair away I feel a pleasant and liberating sensation. I often do not pay attention to what I"m doing because I use my left hand when I tear my hair, my right hand being occupied with writing. I hope that the readers who suffered from this disease will help me with their advice. I thank you in advance.
Paula - Brasov
"My daughter suffers from ossified lachrymal ducts"
My 4 years and 6 months old daughter was born with obstructed lachrymal ducts. This problem can be solved until the age of 9 months, but her doctor didn"t notice at that time that her lachrymal ducts were obstructed. At the age of 4 years my little daughter underwent lachrymal ducts lavages but with no result, because the doctor who performed the lavages said that the lachrymal ducts were ossified. I would like to know if there is a solution for this problem and where I should go in order to solve it. Thank you.
Geta - Piatra-Neamt
"I was detected an enlarged area of cerebrospinal fluid in the left temporal region."
I have a medical problem and I hope I will be able to solve it with your help. I have been confronting with a headache (which manifests like a numbness and like a dizziness) for 4 years and with complete weakness of my body. Based on a Rmn result, the doctors said that they had noticed an enlarged area of cerebrospinal fluid in the left temporal region. I underwent many classic medicinal treatments, but with no result. Do you know of any natural treatment that can solve this problem? Could I be recommended a neurologist who has solved this kind of diagnosis before? Thank you and I wish you to be in good health.
Lidia - Vaslui, tel. 0723/70.27.83
"Is there any cure for chronic ulcerative proctitis?"
I am 51 years old and 3 years ago I underwent a complete hysterectomy. I felt well for a year, but then I began to have pains in my large intestine. A few weeks ago I underwent a colonoscopy and a biopsy and the diagnosis was chronic ulcerative proctitis. I was prescribed a treatment with Proctoglyvend (Proctoglyvenol) ointment and Salofalk (produced by Dr. Falk) suppository, but I didn"t feel any amelioration. I saw a good specialist who told me that the pains may continue because of a possible adherence that may have occurred after the hysterectomy. I beg you to help me get rid of these terrible pains accompanied by heartburn. Thank you.
Schinteie Maria - Timisoara, tel. 0256/15.01.92
"I"m searching for a sanatorium for Alzheimer disease patients."
My mother suffers from an advanced phase of Alzheimer disease and she needs permanent medical attendance. I would like to know if there is any sanatorium, in Constanta or anywhere in the country that may offer special medical assistance for this disease. I"m looking forward to getting an answer from you.
Cristina Muse - Constanta
Our Readers Answer...
"I suffer from thyroid cancer and my son suffers from polypus"
(Answer for Angela - Usa, F. As no. 509)
Ioana Parvu - Bucharest
"My throat gives me a lot of trouble"
(Answer for George - Rome, F. As no.512)
1. One of my acquaintances had a wound in his throat. He took antibiotics but they had no effect. He was allergic to dust and to pollen. All his problems were solved by chewing propolis. I believe that it would be enough to chew a little piece of propolis until it dissolves (this may last for a while). It has almost the same effect as an antibiotic. I hope it will be useful to you. I wish you to be in good health!
Marcela Lefter - str. Frumoasa nr.3, bl.654, sc. C, ap.9, Iasi
2. In 1996 I had fever for three months because of an infection that could not be identified. During all this time I was hospitalized. I ran all kind of medical tests, perfusions with antibiotics but they were all in vain. After three months, a trainee doctor prescribed me Ciprinol (ciprofloxacin) (3 pills of 500 mg each, taken every 12 hours). I haven"t had fever again since then. At the same time, I was also recommended the following cheap and efficient treatment: starting with the 15th of June and till the end of the month, pick up fir-tree buds (Abies Alba) of about 3-4 cm, during the shiny days around noon (choose high and non polluted areas). Wash them and drain off the water. Weigh them. Mince the fir-tree buds in the mincing machine or in the kitchen robot and mix them up with an equal quantity of polyfloral honey. Put the mixture into a clay pot or into a glass jar (not in plastic). Cover it with a piece of cellophane. Put the vessel into a nylon sack. Dig a hole in the ground, put the vessel there and cover it with earth. Leave it steep for three weeks and then take it out of the ground. Remove the mould crust if any. Put the honey into small jars and keep them refrigerated. Take three teaspoons a day, half an hour before each meal, for three weeks. In parallel with this treatment, drink three cups of hyssop tea (Hyssopus officinalis), before each meal for three weeks, and take E vitamin forte to improve your immunity - 2 pills a day, (one in the morning and one in the evening) for two months. During this treatment you must not eat or drink pork, spices, tobacco, alcohol, fats and any kind of pickles. Read every day the 50th Psalm and, for those who can, keep the St. Anthony the Great fest for it is good for your health (nine Tuesdays). I wish you to be in good health and may God help you!
P.S. If there is any reader who prepares this treatment, I would like to ask him to send me a jar of it (I"ll pay for it) because there are no fir-trees in Timisoara.
Marius Rus - str. Iris no.34, ap.3, Timisoara, code 1900, tel.: 0256/218360
(This answer is also good for Rada Avram - Arad, F. As no.482, and for all the people who have problems with their breathing ducts.)
"My little girl has warts around the anus"
(Answer for Elena Pavel - Timisoara, F. As no. 512)
I had the same problem with my little girl when she was 2 years old (three years ago). She had those warts cauterized once but they reoccurred after one month and it was then that we could find out about a possibility to cure her from Dr. Maria Chirila from the "Naturalia" consulting room - str. Erou Mircea Marinescu no.8, com. Voluntari, tel. 021/4915153, 4916052. She was cured and she hasn"t had any problems since.
Mihaela Hartman - Bacau, tel. 0290/684516
"I"m looking for a cure to put on weight"
(Answer for Mihaela Savastre - Galati, F. As no.513)
Dear Mihaela, as I always search for the simplest and the most efficient cures, let me help you with a piece of advice. I also used to be thin a while ago. I found out about the following trick, I applied it and I was very satisfied with it. I would like to recommend it to you because it is very simple and you may control your weight as you please. After you interrupt it you will not continue to put on weight. Drink one glass of beer (150 ml) every morning before eating, half an hour before breakfast. That"s it. It becomes efficient after two weeks. Good luck!
Marcela Lefter - str. Frumoasa nr.3, bl.654, sc. C, ap.9, Iasi"I would like to avoid the recurrence of the tumour"
(Answer for Vasile Ciorata - Bucharest, F. As no.513)
Dear Mister, cancer may occur because of a long list of factors, but the most important of them are: genetic predisposition and the diminution of the immunity. It is a good thing that you have undergone surgery because you have already had your tumour removed but unfortunately this does not solve the cause of the disease. This has also been noticed by researchers in the oncology field and by many others, who have come to the conclusion that the direct treatment of the tumour is not enough and that it should be accompanied by a control over your organism. They have also noticed that we could prevent the reoccurrence of the cancer if we were able to ingest a large and varied quantity of vegetables and fruits which have proved to be very benefic for the human organism. All these things cannot be real because there is no one who could eat 125 kg of fruit and vegetables in order to obtain the necessary concentration at the cellular level. There is a series of nutritional supplements carried out with high technologies, which supply the necessary elements to the organism. If you take them not only that you will not be confronted with any kind of degenerating disease but also your general condition will improve, so that the chronic disease you suffer from will be considerably diminished. For more details, contact the web site http:www.carotenoidcomplex.com.
Dr. Irina Spuderca - Bucharest, tel. 021/2317106, 0723/ 510737
"I would like a treatment against perspiration"
(Answer for Cristi - Usa, F. As no.513)
Let me suggest you a very simple cure: for a period of 2-3 evenings, wash your feet in a basin in which you should pour 1-2 spoonfuls of formol. I underwent this treatment 30 years ago advised by a good beautician. It is 100% effective. I wish you good luck!
Olga Mircescu - Bucharest
"How can I get rid of being addicted to coffee?"
(Answer for Maria Lorena Gabu, F. As 513)
Coffee may be replaced with Inka Naturalis (Instant Grain Beverage). You may buy it from any Supermarket. It tastes like instant coffee. For a few days I had some problems with my blood pressure (it was getting lower), but it came to normal by sucking hawthorn (Carataegus monogyna), common motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca), rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) powder four times a day. The cure was recommended to me by Dr. Otilia Craciun (tel. 021/6664447). I wish you to be in good health!
Cris Frasineanu"At 5 years old, my little boy is almost blind"
(Answer for Marioara Radut - sat Hasag, jud. Sibiu, F. As no.514)
Dear Madam, not long ago, a little girl suffering from progressive myopia underwent a treatment consisting of using the Aloe products, tea, gel and A-beta Care E. After this treatment, the little girl who was to undergo surgery was again able to see what was written on the blackboard. I wish you to be in good health!
Codruta - tel. 0721/796672"I"m confronted with a terrible urticaria. "
(Answer for Mihaela - Australia, F. As no.514)
1. I used to suffer from the same thing and a dermatologist prescribed me Elocom ointments (Schering-Plough/ Usa) and Hydrocortisone Acetate 1%. Put a small quantity of each in your palm, mix them up and then moisture your neck and face; repeat this procedure for 1-2 days until the itching and the irritation go away. As far as the urticaria is concerned, being caused by pollution, I undergo a homeopathic treatment and haven"t had such problems lately. I wish you good luck!
2. Dear Mihaela, I believe that the urticaria you are suffering from may be the result of a weak immunitary system under the influence of the sun rays, pollutants, food and cigarette smoke. On account of their action, free radicals accumulate in the organism, and they are toxic products which should be neutralized with the help of antioxidants. Selenium (especially its organic form which has a maximum absorption) is the most powerful antioxidant. Zinc has a protective effect for the skin, being used in many dermatological preparations. These minerals may be found in Bio-Selenium + Zinc containing vitamins A, B6, C and E, which increase the absorption, amplifying its beneficial effect. I strongly advise you to try it. I have met similar situations cured with the help of this treatment.
Dr. Claudia Ciocan - Bucharest, tel. 021/2023023
"My mother may suffer anytime a cerebral vascular attack."
(Answer for Alexandru Buzea - Brasov, F. As no.514)
Although you have not mentioned anything about your mother"s voice, I believe that by the sclerosis of the cerebral arteries, the vocal cords being insufficiently irrigated, her voice is hoarse (the more hoarse her voice is, the more advanced the process of sclerosis of the cerebral arteries is.). Let me recommend you the dandelion tea (Taraxacum officinale) - two jugs a day. You may buy it from Plafar (a Romanian natural products shop). It tastes good and she should drink it without sugar. In parallel with this natural treatment she should also eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, trying to avoid frying. After a month, repeat the Doppler test. I wish you to be in good health!
Dr. Janeta Porumbita - str. Dragoslave no.32, Craiova, cod 1100.
"Is there a natural treatment against chronic insomnia?"
(Answer for Elena Ionescu - Bucharest, F. As no.514)
1. Hypocrate said: "Your food is your medicine". Bad digestion or toxins accumulation represents the most common cause of insomnia. In order to detoxicate your organism, give up drinking coffee (replace it with tea) and drink 1, 5 l of water every day. Raw cabbage and carrots have the effect of a "natural piston" which eliminates all the toxins from the digestive tract. Beware of the sleep enemies: eating before going to bed, drinking alcohol, smoking, physical exercises before going to bed. Before going to sleep, drink an odolean (Valeriana officinalis) or a camomille (Matriceria chamomilla) tea in which you should add one spoonful of honey and one of apple vinegar. You will have a good rest the entire night. Against the bitter taste from your mouth, let me recommend you 10 black radishes (Raphanus Sativus Niger) for a 10 day treatment. Peel one radish, grate it and drain it off through a piece of lint. You will get a bitter juice, which you should drink before eating for 10 days. After drinking the juice lie on your right side for 5-10 minutes. Hoping that my advice will prove useful, I wish you to be in good health!
Dr. Janeta Porumbita - str. Dragoslave no.32, Craiova, cod 1100.
2. I have also confronted with a similar problem and I would like to help you. Try to take Antistres and Pasiflora medicines produced by "Medica" Laboratories. You should take Antistres in the day time when you feel very tired or stressed. You should take 2-3 pills of Pasiflora in the evening (it is recommended against insomnia). I took Pasiflora being advised by the doctor from the "Revital" consulting room (unfortunately I could not undergo the reflex-therapy sessions). After 3 days of treatment, the nervous system began to calm down and I finally could sleep without taking sleeping pills. The advantage of taking these medicines is that you do not feel either sleepy or dizzy as you feel after taking sleeping pills. There is another treatment you may undergo with hawthorn (Carataegus monogyna) tincture or with odolean (Valeriana officinalis) tincture: take 20 drops of each three times a day for 2-3 weeks (no more, because odolean may create addiction). Alternate the two treatments until you succeed in having a natural sleep. You may buy a sedative tea (this is its very name) from the Plafar. It has excellent, calming effects on the nervous system. Try them all! Taking into account the fact that these treatments have been effective with others, they should have good results in your situation, too. I wish you to be in good health!
Mirela- email: [email protected]
"Our little daughter suffers from major pulmonary high blood pressure"
(Answer for Ghe. Danila, F. As no.515)
Hoping that I could be of any help, I shall present you my own situation which is similar to your daughter"s. Two years ago I was diagnosed with right coronary fistula, a heart deformation which I was born with, meaning an enlarged blood vessel which connects the right atrium to the right ventricle and which amplifies the pulmonary circulation 2.4 times. Last year I underwent surgery using the catheter probing by which the respective blood vessel was closed with the help of some spirals. The surgery was successfully performed by Dr. Oprita Simona, together with a team of American doctors at the Heart Institute "Nicolae Stancioiu" in Cluj-Napoca, str. Motilor no.19-21, tel. 0264/191941. I wish you to be in good health!
Amalia Dragan - Bld. Stefan cel Mare no.66, bl.D18, apt.2, Oradea, cod 3700.